Made generally available in October 2019, following a two-year public preview, Power Platform is a Microsoft service for building sophisticated business solutions quickly, easily and at significantly reduced costs.
Used effectively, Power Platform can take your organisation’s productivity to new levels by modernising and automating key business processes.
By delivering powerful solutions, built faster with low-code apps, Power Platform delivers immediate ROI supporting your organisation’s journey to becoming a Modern Intelligent Workplace.
How It Works
The Platform allows powerful end-to-end business solutions to be developed by connecting Power Apps across the entire Microsoft Power Platform, to Office 365, Dynamics 365, Azure and hundreds of other apps, driving innovation across your organisation.
Power AppsIt delivers low-code, low-cost solutions ‘changing the way we have always done things around here’.
- Power Apps – for building customised business apps in weeks rather than months; connecting data and work across mobile and the web.
- Power BI – for unifying data from multiple sources; delivering actionable insight and business improvement through interactive personalised dashboards and reports.
- Power Automate – for embedding powerful workflow automation directly into apps.
Acknowledged as a Leader in the 2019 Gartner Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Low-Code Application Platforms; and by Forrester as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Low-Code Development Platforms for AD&D Professionals, Microsoft Power Platform delivers a broad range of business benefits:
- A significant reduction in application development costs, estimated at 70%.
- Process automation, efficiency gains, transformation and improved business outcomes.
- Better and faster decision-making through improved access to data.
- Integrated data and workflows across solutions.
- Enhanced security, including mobile apps.
- Applications can generally be built in a matter of weeks rather than months.
- Automatic GDPR compliance.
- High ROI.
Microsoft Power Platform in Action
By providing low-code, low-cost apps that modernise business processes, there are a growing number and diversity of case examples of Microsoft Power Platform solving complex organisational challenges.
- At TransAlta, the multinational energy company, Power Apps was used to create and deploy a powerful decision-support tool that transformed their resourcing model for wind turbine maintenance with ROI delivered within two weeks.
- Building 30 business apps, Heathrow Airport has eliminated 75,000 pages of paperwork and reduced data entry by 1,000 hours.
- At Telstra, Power Apps has been used to build powerful dashboards monitoring system stability empowering the company’s global workforce to be more mobile and productive.
As a multiple Microsoft Accredited Gold Partner, our highly experienced development team has already successfully delivered a growing portfolio of successful Power Platform projects for clients such as Whyte & Mackay, Link Group, NHS Education, ScotRail and others.
Please do not hesitate to Contact Us if you would welcome an informal chat relating to what Microsoft Power Platform can do for your organisation.