About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Service Desk team and build a career within a growing business. In the role of Service Desk Analyst, you’ll be an invaluable first point of contact when our clients and staff raise a request for support. You will effectively manage the support queues and answer incoming telephone calls, ensuring that all incidents are recorded correctly and routed to the relevant support teams for resolution.
Excellent communication skills are essential with the ability to build relationships and be empathetic to other problems. You will be enthusiastic about IT and can work in a systematic manner to prioritise your workload.
Bridgeall (www.bridgeall.com) is a Glasgow based Microsoft Partner specialising in Managed IT Services, Azure, SharePoint, Power BI and .NET Development. We are expanding in several exciting areas and are positioning ourselves to take advantage of the significant opportunities arising from Managed Support Services.
Our staff are fundamental to our success and we are focused on helping them to develop their careers, through a culture of continual training and development from the moment you start induction to ongoing professional development throughout your career.
Salary, dependent upon calibre and experience + private healthcare
Head of Cloud Services and Support
Service desk support
- Respond to client support calls whether logged via service desk, email, or phone
- Respond to incident alerts from monitoring tools, making sure that they are progressed effectively within defined service levels
- Responsible for the prioritizing of requests based on their severity and the customers’ SLAs
- Escalate requests through to the relevant support teams and management based on their severity and the customers’ SLAs
- Recording of information relating to Problems and Changes within the Service desk toolset
- Communicate and update Client / Staff on an on-going basis with regards the status of their logged incidents, problems, or changes
- Assist with daily checks and monitoring of both client and internal systems
- Manage and complete scheduled tasks on time
- Adhere to ITIL framework processes
- Assist with Asset Management and CMDB within the Service Desk Toolset
Administration and documentation
The Service Desk Analyst will also assist with the following activities
- The maintenance of knowledge databases used within the Service Desk
- Production and maintenance of self-help documentation to be used by Clients and Staff
- The maintenance of documentation to be used by Clients and Staff
- Provide input into production of monthly management and service reports
- Understanding of help desk/service desk operations
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology environment
- Contribute to the internal continuous improvement culture
- Comply with operational standards and guidelines
- Assist with general office admin duties (answering phone, greeting clients or setting up meetings) on occasions as required)
Core skills and experience will be built from:
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Excellent demonstrable written and verbal English communication skills
- Communicate effectively with people at all levels within an organisation
- A strong interest in IT / Computing with a willingness and openness to learn
- Use mainstream business software tools, Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint) to a very high standard
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Have high attention to detail and be able to follow a procedure consistently
- Work well within a team, sharing information and helping others when required
- Ability to be receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embrace continuous improvement
- Ability to work in a busy environment where interruptions and re-prioritisation of workload is to be expected
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework and its function in IT
- Technical awareness of IT Infrastructure and applications
- Industry Recognised Computing diploma or equivalent experience
Note – training in the above skills will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
- Your previous roles will have had a customer-facing element and you will have been comfortable and enjoyed that interaction.
- You have experience of dealing with problems and issues.
- You must be bright and intelligent since you’ll have to assimilate business domain material that can be complex
- You are confident and articulate
- Flexible attitude to working, both time and geographic
- You have a work ethic that means you always get the job done
- You take care of your appearance and are well presented and sharp
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Proactive and have ability to use own initiative and follow issues to completion
- You must be located within a 1-hour commute of Glasgow
An opportunity to join a company with a great culture and team. We care about our employees and offer the following benefits as standard.
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- 33 day holiday
- Career progression and personal development
If you think you would be suitable for the role, please send your CV to email@example.com and we will be in touch