About the role
This role is different from most standard roles since you will be responsible for solution delivery and also sales revenue. You will work with our in-house marketing team to position our services and be the subject matter expert fronting meetings and proposals. So yes, this is a blend of sales and delivery but it needs to come from a starting point of expert consulting, so we are seeking a practitioner from the analytics area who has the potential, if not direct experience, of selling solutions and services through a consultative approach. You must already have solid experience of consulting with clients to articulate the potential in
their data, co-develop a data strategy and have practical hands-on experience of delivering data warehouses/datamarts using Microsoft technology. You will be viewed as a subject matter expert in data and analytics and will have guided and led delivery teams.
You will lead and build upon an existing team skilled in developing applications using .Net, SQL and in building data platforms using the Azure data stack. This is fantastic opportunity to take on the challenge of growing a business unit within a successful IT services provider.
Bridgeall helps clients to envision their IT strategy and then build and manage their IT solutions and assets. Established in 2002, with 36 staff and 10 Microsoft Gold competencies we have a long and strong track record of successful delivery. Our operation is structured into 3 business units:
- Modern Intelligent Workplace
- Cloud and Managed IT Services
- Analytics and Applications
In our 20-year history we have an abundance of experience in building large, complex and performant databases underpinning applications that we’ve developed and we now want to promote analytic services to be highly visible, front and centre. We are therefore recruiting for this new role to lead and grow the Analytics and Applications business unit. Whilst we have senior application development experts we do have a gap in analytics experience at a senior level so the successful candidate will come from that background.
Salary of £TBD dependent on calibre and experience plus commission and private health care.
Glasgow and remote
Essential Job Functions
Effectively lead the Analytics & Application business unit to achieve the growth required in Bridgeall’s revenue and profit, in line with the company’s business plan. It is anticipated that the post-holder will most influence the delivery of this purpose by:
- Creating a credible business unit growth plan that will provide the basis for key growth decisions.
- Accurately identifying all major risks to the successful delivery of the growth plan, setting out and implementing practical mitigations when required.
- Effectively resourcing and managing the performance of the business unit team
- Acting as a role model and providing highly visible leadership for the business unit team, ensuring a consistent focus on direction, priorities, and performance
- Leading all business development activity relating to the business unit, and making best use of the Bridgeall shared resource for marketing, account management and bid management
- Ensuring the establishment and maintenance of an effective delivery process for the business unit that effectively guides all post-sales activity to achieve and exceed customer expectations.
- Ensuring the establishment and maintenance of a productive pipeline of relevant new products, services and other innovations aligned with the overall business growth objectives
- Providing expert input in relation to all complex solution design activities as well as operational problem solving as and when required
- Establishing and managing a fit-for-purpose performance management regime for the business unit, incorporating relevant and agreed KPI’s .
- Carrying out all necessary activities required to maintain the company’s ISO certifications and quality standards.
- 20 years’ experience in data solutions design including a minimum of 5 years in a senior
consultant role within services firms
- Proven experience of co-developing data strategy with clients
- Proven experience of designing and building data warehouses and datamarts on the Azure
- Solid understanding of data integration, data analysis, data modelling, data visualisation best
- A strong personal brand reputation
- Experience of successfully engaging stakeholders at CxO level
- Analytical in approach with a passion and curiosity for insight
- Fluent and confident communicator – you will be presenting to prospects and clients and
representing Bridgeall on webinars, and at seminars and conferences
- Excellent proposal writing skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage simultaneous projects
- Self-motivated, tenacious, confident, independent and strong attention to detail
An opportunity to join a company with a great culture and team. We care about our employees and offer the following benefits as standard.
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- 33 day holiday
- Career progression and personal development
If you think you would be suitable for the role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch