About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to join our operational support team and build a career within a growing business. The role is for an IT Support Engineer to assist with contracted client technical issues either remotely or on site as required. Educated to degree level you will be a highly motivated individual with the enthusiasm and willingness to learn the latest in technology and systems. You will have the ability to work under pressure and be a team player with the professionalism to build relationships with both internal colleagues and external clients. Excellent communication skills with a proactive can-do attitude to IT support and effective problem-solving ability are essential.
Bridgeall (www.bridgeall.com) is a Glasgow based Microsoft Partner specialising in Managed IT Services, Azure, SharePoint, Power BI and .NET Development. We are expanding in several exciting areas and are positioning ourselves to take advantage of the significant opportunities arising from businesses migrating their software assets to the cloud. We require an experienced, self-motivated and highly competent IT Support Engineer who is looking for a challenging and interesting role to help drive both our business forward, and that of our clients.
Salary, dependent upon calibre and experience + private healthcare
Glasgow based Office – You may also be required to work at client sites from time to time. Remote home working will be permitted several days per week if required.
Head of Cloud Services and Support
Essential Job Functions
Server & Desktop Support
- Provide 1st/2nd line support as appropriate for mission critical business systems.
- Respond to client support calls whether logged via service desk, email or phone.
- Carry out daily checks and monitoring of both client and internal systems
- Investigate any issues and respond to clients within agreed SLA’s.
- Monitor system and application performance and recommend and implement any performance improvement enhancements.
- Maintain technical documentation for Support staff and knowledge base
- Log support calls in Service Desk and maintain knowledge management database
- Provide input into production of monthly management and service reports.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum 5 years’ experience in an IT support environment
- Advanced understanding of PC’s, Servers, peripherals and networking
- Understanding of help desk/service desk operations
- Experience of working with Cloud Services
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology environment.
- Contribute to the internal continuous improvement culture
- Comply with operational standards and guidelines
Core skills and experience will be built from:
- Microsoft 365 Modern Workplace – Office 365, Azure AD & Intune
- Windows Desktop 7/8/10 – Deployment & Support
- Microsoft Windows Servers 2008/2012/2016/2019 – Active Directory
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications – Excel, Word and Outlook etc.
- Virtualisation technologies (Hyper-V)
- Networking TCP/IP LAN / WAN, DHCP, DNS, VPN,
- Understanding of Switches, Routers, Firewalls
- Backup & DR (Veeam, Azure)
- Cyber Security – Antivirus & security / patch management experience
- SSL Certificate Management
- Remote Management Tools
- Infrastructure and network monitoring
- Ideally Microsoft Certified, MCSA
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Windows Azure – Virtual Machines, Virtual Networks, Storage and Site Recovery
- MSSQL Server
- Microsoft Exchange
- Windows PowerShell
- Macintosh OS
Note – training in the above skills will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
- Your previous roles will have had a customer-facing element and you will have been comfortable and enjoyed that interaction.
- You have experience of dealing with clients to solve support issues.
- You will have had some input into the design and development of Infrastructure Projects
- You will have supported live systems and be able to discuss some battle stories with us
- You must be bright and intelligent since you’ll have to assimilate business domain material that can be very complex
- You are confident and articulate
- Flexible attitude to working, both time and geographic
- You have a work ethic that means you always get the job done
- You take care of your appearance and are well presented and sharp
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently
- Proactive and have ability to use own initiative and follow issues to completion
- Strong verbal/written communication skills
An opportunity to join a company with a great culture and team. We care about our employees and offer the following benefits as standard.
- Flexible working
- Private health insurance
- 33 day holiday
- Career progression and personal development