Application Support Engineer
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and build a career within a growing business. As an Application Support Engineer, you will support our customers’ business applications, often built using C# and .NET. Educated to degree level you will be a highly motivated individual with the enthusiasm and willingness to learn the latest in technology and systems. You will have the ability to work under pressure and be a team player with the professionalism to build relationships with both internal colleagues and external clients. Excellent communication skills with a proactive can-do attitude to support and effective problem-solving ability are essential.
Bridgeall (www.bridgeall.com) is a Glasgow based Microsoft Partner specialising in Managed IT Services, Azure, SharePoint, Power BI and .NET Development. We are expanding in several exciting areas and are positioning ourselves to take advantage of the significant opportunities arising from businesses migrating their software assets to the cloud. We require an experienced, self-motivated and highly competent Application Support Engineer who is looking for a challenging and interesting role to help drive both our business forward, and that of our clients.
Excellent Salary, dependent upon calibre and experience + Private Healthcare.
Based predominantly at Bridgeall’s offices in the centre of Glasgow. You may occasionally also be required to visit client sites.
Head of Cloud Services and Support
Essential Job Functions
- Provide 2nd/3rd line support as appropriate for mission critical business systems.
- Support and maintenance of custom developed software.
- Investigate any reported application support issues and respond to clients within agreed SLA's.
- Step through code and debug if necessary.
- Implement fixes for bugs.
- Respond to client support calls whether logged via service desk, email or phone.
- Carry out regular checks and monitoring of both client and internal systems.
- Monitor system and application performance and recommend and implement any performance improvement enhancements.
- Maintain technical documentation for Support staff and knowledge base.
- Log support calls in Service Desk and maintain knowledge management database.
- The ideal candidate should have minimum 5 years’ experience supporting applications.
- Understanding of help desk/service desk operations.
- Experience of working with Cloud Services.
- Maintains current technical expertise in the rapidly changing technology environment.
- Comply with operational standards and guidelines.
- Help to automate our internal processes as part of our continual improvement culture.
- Help improve processes for our customers using PowerShell or other scripting.
Core skills and experience will be built from:
- ASP.Net MVC
- SQL Server
- Entity Framework
- Web Services
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft SharePoint
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Windows Azure – IaaS and PaaS – Azure Resource Manager JSON Templates
- Azure DevOps
- Unit Testing / Selenium
- Dependency Injection
- Moq (or other mocking frameworks)
- Knockout / Vue / Other JS Frameworks
- Power BI
Note – training in the above skills will be provided to the successful candidate if required.
- You have experience of dealing with clients to solve support issues.
- You will have had some input into the design and development of Projects.
- You will have supported live systems and be able to discuss some battle stories with us.
- You must be bright and intelligent since you’ll have to assimilate business domain material that can be very complex.
- You are confident and articulate.
- Flexible attitude to working, both time and geographic.
- You have a work ethic that means you always get the job done.
- You take care of your appearance and are well presented and sharp.
- Able to manage and prioritise tasks and time efficiently.
- Proactive and have ability to use own initiative and follow issues to completion.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- You must be located within a 1-hour commute of Glasgow.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch.