Expert Forum: Empowering the Modern Intelligent Workplace
Scotland’s productivity has been stagnant for the last decade or so. We remain stuck in a second quartile position, ranked 16th in a league table of 37 OECD countries.
There are two main ways of improving this.
- Work harder, longer and for less pay.
- Leverage the full potential of emerging technologies for building Modern Intelligent Workplaces, rethinking ‘the way things are done around here’, breaking free from the limits imposed by outdated systems and outdated management thinking. Embedding technology at the core of everything your organisation does to streamline internal systems and processes, improve efficiency, reduce costs, becoming an agile, fast-moving, collaborative, data driven, productive organisation, ‘fit-for-purpose’ in a digital age.
In September, Bridgeall will be hosting an Expert Forum discussing the issues and challenges facing Scottish organisations in building Modern Intelligent Workplaces, the progress being made benchmarked against accepted best practice, barriers to be overcome, with highly practical advice for ‘getting there’ being presented.
A live Interactive Polling tool will be used to stimulate open debate and group discussion with Forum findings being written up as a short White Paper - "Improving Scotland’s Productivity through Building Modern Intelligent Workplaces” - made available to all participants.
The key issues covered during the Forum will be agile and responsive to the specific needs of participants but are likely to include the following:
- The signals that something is wrong - the malaise of pre-digital workplaces.
- Why Modern Intelligent Workplaces are critical for both the public, private and third sectors.
- The key building blocks of a Modern Workplace – Technology, People, Culture and Leadership.
- The key technologies underpinning the workplace of the future – streamline processes; improve productivity; derive actionable insights from data; build collaborative teams; innovate and share knowledge; leverage emerging technologies such as AI,IoT, the Blockchain.
- Implementation - ‘getting there’, practical advice and next steps in overcoming barriers to change.
- Evaluate your organisation’s readiness to become a Modern Intelligent Workplace; identify the strategic gap between where you are and where you could be.
Forum registration (free) will be open next week with the event taking place on 25th September at Microsoft’s offices in Edinburgh (9.00 to 12.00 followed by a light lunch).
The Forum is open to leaders of change in the public, private and third sectors including CEOs, CIOs, CDOs, CMOs, IT, HR and Transformation Directors.