SharePoint: Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms
For the second year running, Microsoft SharePoint has been recognised by Gartner as a Leader in the Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant for 2018, being placed highest on the ‘Ability to Execute’ scale.
With more than 350,000 organisations around the world now using SharePoint, active users have grown by over 90 percent, and the data stored in SharePoint by 250 percent, in the last year alone.
Additionally, Microsoft is the only company recognised as a leader in both the Content Collaboration Platforms and Content Services Platforms Magic Quadrant reports.
According to a recent Microsoft blog post, the Magic Quadrant leadership position reflects the company’s strong commitment to ensuring that SharePoint continues to provide the most powerful content services capabilities to customers including:
- Easy to set up, with a simple, clean user interface matched to powerful management. Deeply integrated with OneDrive, SharePoint files can be accessed from anywhere.
- SharePoint empowers the creation of engaging pages and knowledge portals, enriched with video from Stream and conversations from Yammer, to connect across your organisation.
- The combined power of artificial intelligence (AI) with content supports organisations in becoming more productive, making more informed decisions while remaining secure.
- Microsoft 365 is easily connected and automated via Microsoft Flow to over 200 cloud and on-premises systems, enriched with Azure cognitive services, and extended with PowerApps and the SharePoint framework for custom development.
- SharePoint delivers consistent content experiences across Microsoft 365 whether you are a Firstline Worker working remotely, co-authoring in Office apps, emailing cloud attachments in Outlook, or collaborating with your team in the new chat-based workspace Microsoft Teams.
- Any filetype can be stored on SharePoint with viewing support being provide for over 320 file formats including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Acrobat (PDF), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images.
- Reflecting Microsoft’s vision to connect organisations around networks of data, new search experiences are being introduced including Bing.com and Windows.
- SharePoint supports customers ranging in size from small businesses to multinational organisations. It provides a maximum tenant capacity of 30 trillion documents.
- SharePoint leverages Microsoft security capabilities such as Advanced Data Governance for automated retention and records management, Data Loss Protection (DLP), eDiscovery, and MIP-based encryption, all with consistent controls across Microsoft 365.
- With 100+ global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge, combined with compliance standards, including ISO 27001, FISMA, and EU Model Clauses, SharePoint offers customers trusted enterprise-grade compliance and security.
Microsoft recently invited a limited number of Preferred Partners to join their Content Services Partner Program recognising partners possessing high level expertise and experience in delivering content management solutions utilising Microsoft technologies and platforms.
Bridgeall are very proud to be one of only 24 partners worldwide with preferred partner status in the Microsoft Content Services space.
Please do not hesitate to Contact Us for an informal chat about your SharePoint and Content Management needs.
To learn more about how SharePoint can help your organisation, please visit the SharePoint page of the Bridgeall web site.