Accelerating Digital: Leading Transformation in the Public Sector
Bridgeall’s Public Sector Digital Transformation Forum, in collaboration with Exactive, Redspire and Microsoft, takes place on the 1st November, 2018.
With the focus shifting from the WHY to the HOW of transformation, the highly interactive forum will review the digital challenges facing Scotland’s public services; progress being made; barriers to be overcome; presenting scenarios covering the public sector digital workplace of the future.
Four public sector digital leaders will share their experiences, hopes and aspirations followed by a Q&A session - Gerry McLafferty, IT Programme Director Scottish Government, Fair Start Scotland; Andrea Eschle, IT Director, Skills Development Scotland; Jak Deschner, Head of ICT, Wise Group; and Ken Fox, Head of ICT and Digital, Link Group.
Using an interactive audience polling tool, some of the key issues discussed will include:
- The key technologies and societal changes threatening to disrupt the public sector. The growing expectations of constantly connected customers.
- Progress being made in leveraging the full potential of digital technologies for delivering exceptional customer experiences at Key Moments of Truth in the customer journey.
- From ‘hunch’ to data driven insight and decision-making using modern, visual Business Intelligence tools.
- Process digitisation - tinkering or transforming.
- Digital workplaces, leveraging the full potential of digital technology for rethinking the way things are done, breaking free from the limits imposed by legacy systems and legacy management thinking.
- Barriers and obstacles to be overcome.
- Building a culture of change: streamlining internal processes and systems, improving efficiency, reducing costs, building a more collaborative, cost efficient, agile, responsive, data driven workplace environment, "fit-for-purpose" in a digital age.
- Emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Augmented and Virtual Reality, the Blockchain etc.
We are all looking forward to an interesting and thought-provoking morning
You can still register to attend here. Please note, however, that due to the high number of registrations already received, we have had to restrict the event to public sector digital leaders only. Please use your work email address when registering rather than a personal one.
Thank you and we look forward to meeting everyone on the 1st November.