Microsoft SharePoint Recognised as a Gartner Magic Quadrant ‘Leader’ for Content Services Platforms
Another Microsoft offering has recently been confirmed as a ‘Leader’ in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant – this time SharePoint for Content Services Platforms.
Already this year, Microsoft Data Management Solutions for Analytics (DMSA), Microsoft Azure for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Power BI for Business Intelligence and Analytics have also been confirmed as Gartner Magic Quadrant ‘Leaders’.
At the start of 2017, Microsoft had 45 offerings in Gartner Magic Quadrants, twenty of these in the ‘Leader’ position.
According to a Microsoft blog post, Gartner ranked SharePoint highest for ‘ability to execute’ based on the following:
- Simplicity—SharePoint is quick and fast to set up, with a simple and clean user interface paired with easy but powerful management.
- Content services across Office 365—SharePoint has also become the content services layer that powers content collaboration across Office 365. So, now whether you are co-authoring in Office apps, emailing cloud attachments in Outlook, or collaborating with your team in the new chat-based workspace, Microsoft Teams—SharePoint provides a consistent set of experiences across the applications, along with the security and control that’s important to IT.
- Support for a broad range of file types—In addition to Office files, SharePoint can store any file and now supports viewing of over 270 file types, including Adobe Photoshop (PSD), Illustrator (AI), Acrobat (PDF), as well as video, 3D formats, and DICOM images.
- Personalized search and intelligence—Search is smarter, faster, and easier for you to find and filter results that include all SharePoint content, including files, sites, people, and now news and list items. SharePoint even indexes objects, text, and handwriting inside other images.
- Scalability—SharePoint supports customers ranging in size from small businesses to organizations with hundreds of thousands of users and has a maximum tenant capacity of 30 trillion documents.
- Security and IT confidence—SharePoint leverages Microsoft security capabilities such as Advanced Data Governance for Retention and Records Management, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), eDiscovery and Customer Key with consistent controls across Office 365.
- Deployment flexibility—Customers can choose their deployment model – cloud, hybrid, or on-premise – and leverage no-cost Microsoft FastTrack deployment, adoption and migration services.
- Cloud leadership and compliance—With 100+ global datacenters and Microsoft’s global network edge, combined with compliance standards including ISO 27001, FISMA and EU Model Clauses, Microsoft offers customers trusted enterprise-grade compliance and security.
Gartner Magic Quadrant for Content Services Platforms
More than 300,000 organisations now have SharePoint and OneDrive in Office 365, including 85 percent of Fortune 500 companies. Active users have grown by over 90 per cent in the last year alone with a 250 percent increase in the amount of data stored in SharePoint Online.
As a Microsoft Gold Partner, Bridgeall would be delighted to discuss your SharePoint requirements. Please do feel free to Contact Us for an informal chat.
More details can be found on the SharePoint page of the Bridgeall web site.